Monday, December 28, 2009

Does anyone have some original recipes for Thanksgiving?

My family and I are going to my parents for Thanksgiving and I just want to bring a small dish or two. Maybe one side and one dessert or something like that. I know my mother will have all the traditional items. I am looking for something a little different.





Thanks for the helpDoes anyone have some original recipes for Thanksgiving?
Check out the northpole.com





It is a great site and is full of traditional easy to follow recipes for the holiday's. From cookies, cakes, pies, fudge and main dish as well as vegetables.Does anyone have some original recipes for Thanksgiving?
One of my family's traditional dishes is a unique Yam Coconut Casserole:


2- 21/2 lbs yams


2 Tbs brown sugar


6 Tbs cream (or cond milk)


1 cup coconut


1 cup diced tart apple


1-3 C coconut with butter and spread over yams.


Bake at 325 for 25 min or til brown.


(easy to make ahead of time, then throw in the oven when you get to your parents')

No comments:

Post a Comment