Thursday, January 7, 2010

What recipes are your kids favorite at Thanksgiving?

I have one kid who LOVES green bean casserole (ick, yuk, patooie!) but I make it for her......I'm a scratch cook/baker so opening a can KILLS ME but for her, I do it,lol....





I have four kids..counting the hubby, five....and they all suck down faster than a Hoover on steriods...along with the dreaded green bean casserole.....





Turkey, sausage, fruit (cranberries %26amp; apples) %26amp; herb stuffing(my family's recipe), gravy, 'smashed' potaotes, sweet potatoes casserole, sweet corn, corn bread, buttermilk biscuits,home made rye bread, cranberry sauce, carrots,turnips or roasted acorn squash, 'punkin' pie,apple pie, gingerbread cookies.





I do it all from scratch...except the green bean casserole-my one lone sacrifice for my child..lol Happy Turkey Day.What recipes are your kids favorite at Thanksgiving?
Pink Sh!t. My sister, bless her sole, makes the worse cranberry sauce in the world. It has whole cranberries, nuts and horseradish in it! After three years, I was asked to tell her how we make fun of her making this. She knows, but mom likes it. She makes it and knows that it's a complete waste of time and money. So, now any newcomer at the table just HAS to try the Pink Sh!t, then we all have a good laugh.





No one eats it, but we all laugh about it. It's got to be the best recipe in the world to bring family together like that, even tho it sucks to eat it. What recipes are your kids favorite at Thanksgiving?
I guess I am a kid...I'm almost 17, but all the younger kids seem to like this homemade pumpkin bread that I prepare. I remember my younger cousins feeling grossed out at the thought of eating canned pumpkin, but when they tasted the bread they couldn't believe that it was so good!
well, we usually go out ot eat. No fuss, no mess and no leftovers.


BUT, the bird,of course.


stuffing/ gravy


taters/ gravy


pumpkin pie/ vanilla cool whip! :) ( they LOVE that! )


since u didnt ask MOM's fave, I'll tell u anyways: Pecan pie with vanilla cool whip! If I had that all year, i would be supremly happy! )
Don't have kids, but how about replicating what the pilgrims, and Native Americans ate during the First Thanksgiving? For recipes see


http://www.xomba.com/american_thanksgivi鈥?/a>
I have two boys. They like to eat the turkey ( my oldest son calls it chicken for some odd reason) mashed potato with gravy and dinner rolls. and sweets they can have after wards has well.
Twice Baked Potatoes, Stuffing Balls, Raisin Bread Pudding, and mom's homemade fudge
if my son could eat nothing but the stuffing and gravy, he'd be happy all year.
Sweet potatoes are my favorite:d

No comments:

Post a Comment